Tuesday, July 19, 2005

some photos from ComicCon 2005






My son Alex and I are big fans of the comics; we went to ComicCon in San Diego last week and took some pictures of the event. In fairness, I also am posting this to try and figure out how to post photos to my blog.

75,000 people in San Diego over a 4 day period. The autograph booths were cool. A lot of B and C list celebs and some former A-listers. It was scary to see almost no one at some of the actor's tables (these would be some of the supporting characters from the original Battlestar Gallactica and from Farscape.

It was hard to tell which folks dressed up were employees and which we're just fans. Scary.

Cool note, Alex got to meet Kenny Baker, the actor inside the R2D2 suit for the Star Wars movies. He hugged me several times (Alex, not Kenny) to tell me how glad he was tro be there.

On the photos above (it looks like it worked), upper left hand corner is Alex with Todd MacFarland, creator of Spawn; upper right, Alex with Boondocks creator Aaron MacGruder; lower left, Alex with Kenny Baker; lower right Alex with Margot Kidder and ....er....."Jimmy Olson." (I can't remember the actor's name).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home