Monday, March 28, 2005

Parham: No Ethics violations

I wrote to IUSD the other day and asked about Board member Michael Parnham accepted what amounted to a $1,000 donation by being a businessman's guest at the Governor's fundraiser in Irvine last week (netting $3.1 million).

Mike was cleared and even wrote me that my questions were fair and then went on to document all his filings (don't get defensive Mike, it was just a question).

Mike then proceeded to let me know about a meeting he was involved in with Arnold and other community leaders. While Mike is taking every oportunity to lobby the Governor here, let's be honest. The Schwartzenegger isn't listening and only wants to hear from people who will support what he wants to do.

I've had a number of email chats with Mike over the past few months and I believe his heart is in the right place, but I am not convinced he hasn't gone to the Dark Side when it comes to going to bat for Irvine's kids. Tough to do that when you're telling people how passionate the Guv is....

p.s. This is what I get for voting for a conservative Republican; Chuck DeVore's whining editorials about wasteful taxpayer spending on tourism and no action from him on schools. But should a hardened criminal want conjugal visits in jail, Chuck is all over that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home